14 Juni 2005

today is tuesday

At least it's not Monday. A few items of note. I remember talking about the mandate on racial makeup of juries, and not really knowing exactly what the rules were, just that the Supreme Court had said that an all white jury for a black defendant is not a jury of peers. I looked it up, and the landmark decision Batson v. Kentucky makes the standard more procedural than about the actual makeup of the jury.

In other non-news, they are starting to give me some work to do here. That doesn't mean I'm working every minute, or even half the time, but it's much better than before. I'm getting used to the old people. I don't like them a whole lot, and I don't really respect them, but everybody gets along pretty well because nobody likes work very much. Everybody's always looking forward to Friday. That's why Mondays are so miserable. That whole thing could change if I ever meet some of the other interns. I've been getting some emails from them trying to organize activities and they don't really sound like the kind of people I'll like. First of all, most of them are either Business or Communications majors, which is strike one. Plus, none of them seem cynical enough. Whatever. I think I'm going to meet them all on Thursday, so I'll report back after that.

Keine Kommentare: