29 Juni 2005

Coleman, Dayton = Biatches

Dear Mr. Mommsen:

Thank you for your letter concerning flag burning. I am a proud cosponsor of legislation to create a Constitutional Amendment to ban the burning of the flag. In supporting this Amendment, I am not seeking to compromise or sacrifice the basic and essential freedoms of the FirstAmendment, which the United States Supreme Court has interpreted toinclude the burning or desecration of the American flag. However, in acknowledging and respecting the complete and essential protections of the First Amendment, I seek to place the American flag, the great symbol ofour country, our freedoms, and our great democracy above our individual political protests.

My best regards.

Sincerely,
Mark Dayton
United States Senator
_________________________________

Dear Mr. Mommsen:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your opposition to a constitutional amendment allowing Congress to prohibit the physical desecration of the U.S. flag. While I disagree with you on this issue, I appreciate you taking the time to contact me and I value your input. Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance to you.

Sincerely,
Norm Coleman
United States Senate
__________________________________

No comment necessary. That is all.

Keine Kommentare: