08 Juni 2005

this is my lunch break

My boss gave me a little chore to do, but I'm not really used to working, so it's taking me all day. Too bad for them. Fortunately, it's not nearly as menial as the last chore, which took me all week to put together, and involved repeating one wizard about 1,200 times. This wizard involved 5 screens, so I clicked through 6,000 screens in order to complete the project. Now let us never speak of it again.

OK, so I'm gonna be real Minnesotan for a minute and talk about the weather. It rained when I was biking to work today, so I was all wet. When I walk through the office with my T-shirt all soaked through, really dirty, and pretty much looking like hell, my coworkers give me some funny looks. The environment's pretty conservative here. But I always get the last laugh: after all, I'm 19 years old, I'm skinny, I've got a full head of hair (that's kind of turning into a mop top) and I'm (hopefully) going to be doing something meaningful when I'm their age.

I realize this elitism is a terrible attitude to have. What if my life turns out to be just as meaningless as the people that I'm disparaging now? Well, currently I would consider myself a failure. Strangely, doing something really meaningful is actually beyond my current life goals, which pretty much involve being out of debt sometime before the year 2030. Great.

Interesting article on Slate today about sperm donation. It's hilarious that there's a place called the "masterbatorium."

Keine Kommentare: