06 Dezember 2005

welcome to europe

I finally got a bike.
This is big shit. It may be a super heavy girly bike, but it's a bike nonetheless. Instead of riding the subway and paying money to be shut underground, and only come out of the hole at my destination, I can now ride through the streets, enjoy the scenery and the weather and all that.

Furthermore, my aquisition of a bike and the subsequent termination of my U-Bahn month membership now means I have no way to get to the giant grocery store (since it's against the law to ride a bike on the freeway). Some might see this as a limitation. I think it's great. No longer will I buy massive amounts of food twice a week. Instead, I can patronize Wimmer, mein Bäcker für immer (my bakery forever), and the local deli.

No more crowded Saturday afternoons at the grocery store. No more buying way to damn much of everything. Just getting a loaf of bread, some ham and a brick of cheese and putting them in the basket of your bike (yes, my bike has a basket!) is the way it was meant to be.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Haha! Chris has a girly bike!!