31 August 2007

Law school

So I am now a law student. What exactly does this mean?

1) The workload is hard, but not ridiculous. There is a lot of reading. It is like taking Constitutional Law five times over (which was my hardest class in undergrad), except that all five classes are graded based only on one exam.

2) I feel young. Everybody else is older and has more experience. My colleagues are definitively men and women not boys and girls.

3) Some of the stuff is interesting, some of it is not. Like property. Is not. Interesting. Most of it dates back to medieval precedents that don't have a whole lot to do with anything. On the other hand, contracts and civil procedure have been better than I expected.

4) The professors are lawyers. That means they like to talk and be clever and charismatic. It doesn't mean they are always as great as they think they are, but it does keep things interesting.

Well, those are my first impressions, after an entire week. Should be a bit of an adventure.

1 Kommentar:

Ben Schifman hat gesagt…

5 con laws at once sounds pretty ridiculous to me. . and one exam? Yikes!