23 April 2006

time for a real update!

So basically I have neglected my blog for almost a month. Really, it's a pity, but you haven't missed so much. Basically, I was supposed to finish up with my history paper when I got back from Mainz and before my dad came to visit on the 17th, but I was kinda wore out, so I just sat around, killed time, went to bars and went skiing occasionally, once at Wildschonau, once at Garmisch-Partenkirchen Classic area, and with my cousin at Serfaus-Fiss-Ladus. I also went to bars a lot.

When my dad came, we went to Budapest, which was really super cool. Just like in Italy, it's hard to resist the urge to speak German back at people who speak another language to you. The most practical thing to do is to speak English very slowly and gesticulate wildly. Hungarian is CRAZY. I didn't pick up any of it, like I did a little with Italian. It really has nothing to do with any language I've ever heard. It's more like what someone who has never heard German would say German sounds like: super harsh and very very gutteral. Basically, the thing you do in Budapest is go to the baths. It's also a beautiful city with most of the buildings being restored from the late 19th century. There are some relics from the Soviet days too: all the cars in the subway system were from 1972, and it was quite obvious that they were Soviet vintage.

Since then, I've been back in Munich trying to get ready for the start of the next semester. I got my last paper out of the way, which was really a hassle. I just hope that I pass the class. It's really bizarre to be just starting back up right now. What an injustice. Anyway, I'll post photos as soon as I can find them. The weather has finally improved here, so I should be outside more, which will be a nice change of pace.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

You neglected to comment about the inordinate amount of 'spass' you've been having and the fat son-of-a-bitch cat you've been housesitting with. : )